Thursday, April 17, 2014

Psalm 6

Psalm 6 is the one I read this morning. It starts out with David pleading to Hashem to not rebuke him in His anger, nor to chastise him in His wrath. This makes me think of a parent disciplining their child, and is a reminder to not do so in the heat of their anger. Collect yourself first, then correct your child. For we are much stronger than they, and we don't want to do or say something we might regret later. Punishment and correction is a necessary part of life. Proverbs 19:18 says to "Discipline your son, for there is hope; let your soul not be swayed by his protest." Just as a son is disciplined by his father, so are we disciplined by Hashem.

I love that by the end of the Psalm, David cries "Depart from me, all evildoers, for Hashem has heard my plea, Hashem will accept my prayer." Such hope and confidence in Hashem has he! My prayer is that I will continue to learn to depend on Him the way David did, and continue to strengthen my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment