Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I'm back!

Wow! It's been over a year since I've posted anything! And even before that I wasn't very consistent. Oops. I'm trying to get back into writing, so hopefully I'll be more consistent in my posting this time. :)

Since my last post, I have dispersed my flock. There were a number of issues going on, mostly parasite issues, and some of them would be cured only by not having the sheep (or any other ruminant, for that matter) in these pastures for a year or more. So last spring I sold all my ewes, and the lambs left in the fall. I'm down to one ram. I can't bring myself to get rid of him yet. I have him in clean pastures, away from all the harmful stuff and he looks really good now.

One of the local 4-H clubs has snagged me as their sheep project leader. This has been a fun journey! For the past few years I've been able to work with the sheep students during the summer, working on showmanship and the fitting of their animals mostly. But this year I'm able to work with the kids through the whole process. I'm really excited to see the growth and development in the students and their animals throughout this season!

I've also graduated from the college with my degree in Early Childhood Education. Someday when I marry and have children, I'll be able to use that to homeschool my own children with a more full knowledge of how to do so, and have some extra resources on hand. By G-d's grace alone was I able to complete that degree only 2 weeks after turning 20! What a crazy ride that was! It was very intense and very difficult, but I learned a lot.

I'm also currently in the process of launching my own sewing business, Graceful Seams. Stop by and check it out! I'm really excited about it! :D

There have been a few changes to the blog. Nothing major, just little things. The background photo has been swapped. It's a photo from my trip to Israel in the fall of 2012, the sunrise at Elon More. I've also added more to the "About Me", and changed my admin name to a nick name a friend of mine gave me a few years ago, and it stuck! You'll see it on most of my photos too.

So, there is a very brief update! Hopefully I'll be posting more consistently this time around! Chag Sameach!

1 comment: