Thursday, April 17, 2014

Prayer For Finding A Husband


A friend of mine asked a few days ago for me to send her this prayer. I love the way this prayer is put together, focusing on character and not physical attributes. For the character is what's important. Asking for provision of a husband at the right time, as well as for his protection. I think it is a good idea for us all to be praying for our spouses, future or present. Proverbs 18:22 says "He who finds a wife finds a great good, he has won the favor of Hashem." I believe this goes for finding a spouse in general, we could read "She who finds a husband finds a great good" The woman isn't the great good to be found, it is that relationship, a great good to both partners. 



Prayer For Finding A Husband

May it be Your will, Hashem, my G-d and G-d of my forefathers, that You provide me, in Your great mercy and loving-kindness, my suitable marriage partner at the right time. May he be worthy of fathering a great Torah and G-d-fearing scholar, and be descended from righteous, honest, and G-d-fearing ancestry. Accomplish this as You did by providing a match for Adam, Avraham, Yitzchak, Ya’akov, and Moshe, each one at the appropriate time. May my future husband be good-natured, of pleasant ways and good deeds, gracious, learned, G-d-fearing, charitable, and kind.

May he be devoid of defects and faults, and be humble and modest, rather than hot-tempered and irritable.  May he be healthy and strong. Do not let anyone’s cruelty, hateful intentions, or deeds get in the way of my intended match. May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing before You, Hashem, my Rock and my Redeemer.

1 comment:

  1. That is really good! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete